Tuesday, July 14, 2009

What Kind of Ridiculous Sound Bites are We to Expect from this Team?


There's a movie being filmed currently by Three Kings director David O. Russell, which stars The Batman, himself, Christian Bale. Now if recent history reminds us, these two individuals aren't the most tactful in moments of duress on the set. Russell doesn't particularly take well to certain actors (Lily Tomlin) criticizing his directions and Bale doesn't enjoy cinematographers lighting the set during important scenes (I will say, though, after viewing Terminator: Salvation, there are no real scenes of importance). That being said, I'm actually hoping these two titans of overreacting combine forces for the ultimate sound bite. Something so grandiose and over the top, that we'll be discussing it for, at least, a year. I want there to be signs of a struggle. Witnesses talking about how scarred they were after viewing the ferocious onslaught of words and fisticuffs that ensued after Russell and Bale had had just about enough. If either one wins an award for the film, I'd like for the other person to literally punch them in the back of the head when their name is called. These are the types of things that I believe CAN happen if we all come together and do a little bit of hoping.

Unfortunately, both Russell and Bale's mutual anger issues will probably cancel each other out leaving us with nothing but a film to watch. Which is fine, of course, but still. On the other hand, Mark Wahlberg is involved with the project, as well. Hmmmm.....now, Mr. Wahlberg isn't really notorious for on-the-set issues, but he is a roughneck from Boston. I'm thinking he just might be the missing ingredient that we need in this molotov cocktail of a situation. Maybe he could whisper not-so-sweet nothings in Russell and Bale's ears about the other person. BY GEORGE, this could happen! It could REALLY REALLY happen!!! In case you're not sure what I'm referring to, I will leave you with links to these amazing clips of frustration gone awry.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E4Qls1rAfYs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qrvMTv_r8sA

3 comments:

Kevin Powers said...

I think Bale could take Russell in a fight. Any thoughts?

Jonathan said...

Oh, Bale could be the shit out of Russell and I wish someone would. I mean I like his films, but jeez louise, what a whiny little bitch. "I'M JUST TRYING TO BE A COLLABORATOR!!!" Whatever.

Jonathan said...

Obviously what I meant to say was "beat" not "be".