Monday, July 13, 2009

2009: 150 Films Update


Hello out there. I've been a little bit busier over the last three weeks, so the amount of films I've been watching has slowed down, but I think I'm still doing well, all things considered. The last fifteen films I've watched have been wonderfully diverse, from documentaries and rock concerts, to operas, thrillers, and quirky comedies. There are some that I have enjoyed more than others, but I do feel better for having watched every single one of them. I'm proud to say that I've finally discovered the films of Michael Powell and Emeric Pressburger, also known as The Archers, who churned out some of the most prolific films of the 1940s and 50s in England. I'd be a liar if I didn't admit that one of the main reasons I came to Powell-Pressburger is their large impact on my personal favorite filmmaker, Martin Scorsese. Anyway, here are the fifteen latest films I have viewed.

Born Into Brothels (Kaufmann, Briski)
Drag Me to Hell (Raimi)
The Soloist (Wright)
The Life and Death of Colonel Blimp (Powell)
Heaven and Earth (Stone)
Man On Wire (Marsh)
The Red Shoes (Powell)
Dave Chappelle's Block Party (Gondry)
Where the Light Is: John Mayer Live in Los Angeles (Clinch)
The Commitments (Parker)
The Tales of Hoffmann (Powell)
Atlantic City (Malle)
Hancock (Berg)
Peeping Tom (Powell)
Away We Go (Mendes)

No comments: